Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Eldorado Fins, Baby, Whitewalls and Skirts...

...real cowhide leather optional. Although it's been a long, long time since any of these things rode just like a little bit of heaven here on earth.

This place is neat. Even the cattle were a nice touch, though after enough people arrived they decided they'd had enough, and retreated to a safe distance. And at 9:45 or so, we were early enough that the light was still good, although being at the far end of the Central time zone helped as well. Which reminds me, I'm going to need to reset the time once more on the cameras to stay current. There aren't many signs on the backroads designating state lines (Texas was the exception) and I think a more important item would be a time zone change sign. It wasn't till we got here in Albuquerque that I realized we were in Mountain time. And that was only because I came out to get the phone I left in the car and saw the time on the dash clock was an hour behind the phone. No matter, since I can't keep track whether or not the east coast is ahead or behind us anymore. Five days in a car with your spouse will do that to you, though Sherry swears I'm befuddled purely as a defense mechanism.

No comments: